Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

What a thrill, to watch Barack Obama become the 44th president of the US. Our library played the MSNBC live coverage, so we all watched it. The address was amazing.

It was 20 degrees in DC today, which gives me great confidence in the weather when I go two weeks from now! People dealt with the cold to be a part of this historic day.

I am watching Jon Stewart. I have enjoyed his coverage of the election. It was so cool watching him live on election night and now he is covering the inauguration! I love his impression of Bush, and will miss that, but the optimism is palpable.

Aretha Franklin--what is up with that hat? I gotta give her bravery props, but man what a weird hat. What is the deal with senior Bush--completely hobbling into the ceremony. And Cheney, in a wheelchair. So many unanswered questions!

What a great day--so totally ready for the changes yet to come!

No comments: