Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm going to Washington DC!!


I booked my hotel room today, the flight is set...we are going! I am really stoked. I have always had a fascination with the east coast but have never been further back east than Michigan (and I was a really little girl). We did go to Indianapolis back in July, which was great.

We are going for a new grantee conference, so I am not going to get much time to look around, but we will check out the monuments, capital and White House and I would so love to go to the Smithsonian Museum of American History. We may be going back in August, so if that happens, I will try to take some vacation days afterward and take the train to New York! I have always wanted to go there, and I would be so close, so I am going to really try for that.

I am also writing a new grant for my program, one centered around supporting youth to do a project geared toward the prevention of childhood obesity. Since our theatre program is already focusing this semester on Type 2 Diabetes awareness, this was a great fit. It is pretty neat; if I get this grant, I will have brought in more than $14,000 of grant money into our department.

No comments: