Thursday, April 10, 2008

Prom Project Update

The Prom Project has now held 2 boutiques, and they have been a smashing success. We have given away about 20 dresses, and still more keep rolling in. We actually received 8 dresses and a big box of jewelry just today. It has been unreal, how supportive people are of the project.

It is so neat to see the girls shop for their formal wear. They are all so surprised at how nice the dresses are--I guess they assumed we would have old grandma dresses and thrift store cast-offs to offer, so we hear a lot of exclamations of "Wow, these dresses are really nice!" I am so honored to be a part of this project. I do the prevention education portion, and all of the young people have been really good listeners, asking questions and participating. I know they are just doing as a means to an end, but I hope at least some of the info will sink in.

No comments: