Thursday, July 31, 2008

Did I mention how much of a nerd I am?

I just wanted to add a disclaimer about the countdown that you will be seeing here for the next few months--I am a giant Harry Potter nerd. I've said it before. I am not proud of it, but it is true. I can have hours long philosophical discussions about the wizarding world, argue intelligently about the merits of specific types of wands or the value of different spells over others. I am intimately familiar with the characters' lives. It is a sickness.

I had only watched two of the movies until last summer, when I started reading the books. I finished #6 at about the time that #7 (a masterpiece) was released. I am actually glad that I came to Potter late in the game--I can't imagine how painful it would have been to wait years for the next installment.

I was sort of disappointed in the 5th movie. I can give you a long diatribe as to why, but if you really want to know, you'll have to just ask. I am really looking forward to the next movie.

Thus the countdown banner.

No comments: