Friday, August 1, 2008

Bagel Lunch Box



Okay, so this isn't a craft so much as a clever use of an item that I have always thought shouldn't be thrown away--the plastic container that blank cd's come in. You know, the thing with a spindle in the center and a plastic lid. I saw this done on another blog, so I am not the inventor, merely the girl sharing the love with you...

These things are about the same size as a bagel...and bagels have holes in them...and bagels are great for sandwiches...do you see where I'm going with this?

To protect your bagel, first make your sandwich (I'm partial to turkey, cream cheese and sprouts, but use your imagination), then skewer it onto the cd spindle (please, wash the box first!). Lock down the lid and there you go--crush proof storage for your lunch! Mine had a plastic cd shaped divider that I placed on top of the sandwich, then piled chips on top of to keep them separate. Just make sure to open the box upside down to avoid spilling the chips.

This will be GREAT on my next flight--and can be used for other items I'm sure. Donuts also have holes...

No comments: