Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy, uh, 5th of July

I didn't look at the clock until just now, so I realize that it is no longer Independence Day. It was a little less exciting than 4th in the past. Due to the fact that nearly half of the state in on fire, they have postponed the city display until September, so we enjoyed a few safe and sanes in the front yard and called it a day. We did get to view some illegal aerial fireworks from the people the next block over, but I am pretty sure that they were tracked down by the roving FD folks.

We have had some really great news--my mom has been offered a job in Hawaii...she will be moving in the next month or so. I am excited for her, but feel a deep sense of loss at the same time--my best friend and mom is moving out of state. I will be lonely. It also means a huge shift in responsibility for me, as I will be buying their house here and taking it on. Wow, grown up stuff. No longer a renter, but full fledged home owner!

No comments: