Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rest In Peace, ET

My cat, ET, whom I have had since I was 17, died last night. She was my only companion while I lived by myself in Humboldt County, my goofy and opinionated cat, and really my first personal cat. We'd had family cats in the past, but she was mine, and with good reason--no one else liked her. She had this siamese-like yeowl and was stubborn. She actually ruined 3 different toasters by peeing in them--I'm still not sure how she did that. She was all white except for a calico tail and a brown and black spot on her head. My friend Theresa says that she stole another cat's tail, so the cat hit her in the head with it, causing the spots. (Theresa's a weirdo). She used to steal bagels, and would eat any kind of bread as well as the occasional apple or cucumber, but she hated wet cat food. She was also a big fan of vegan cheese.

She had been really sick for a long time, and this morning I found her in the garage. I'm gonna miss that freaky little cat.

No comments: