Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bud's Jolly Cone


James: Ok today we visit Bud's Jolly Cone on Antelope Blvd. Bud's is pretty much a Red Bluff institution so I'm sure what I have to say isn't going to be news to anyone. Buds is a 50ish style burgers, French Fires and Shakes place. I had a #2 a Double Cheese burger, Fries and a drink. It was pretty good, not the best burger I've ever had, but it was a good solid burger. I'm going to repeat. Bud's also had a special, get a .40 cent burger with any order. That burger WAS not the best. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the .40 cent burger a 3. So in the end Bud's Jolly Cone is a very good serviceable burger joint. 4/5

Tina: (Chicken Sandwich, small gems) The sandwich was grilled chicken breast on a white bun, lettuce tomato and mayo--altogether, the sandwich was tasty, though the chicken was a little on the dry side. It had great flavor though, lightly seasoned and grilled. I poured a little of my fry sauce ( one of my most favorite features of the Cone) on the bun--great combo! I love their gems (some people call them tater tots...), crispy, lightly salted and always fresh from the fryer. The dining room is positively miniscule, and a shrine to Red Bluff past--photos of drag boats and monster trucks adorn the teal, white and black walls. Really, this place has been a family favorite for years and is a 195's artifact.

No comments: