Friday, November 21, 2008

Red Bluff's M & M Ranch Restaurant

Boy, it seems I've been trying lots of local eateries this month. Today, for my co-worker's birthday, we went to M & M Ranch in Frontier Village (Old Cowtown, for those of us who've been here for a while).

M & M, in case you are a long time resident, is in the old Da Vinci's building. It has a clean, comfortable interior; nothing special. The food, however, was pretty great. I had the tri-tip vegetable soup which was full of thick sliced zucchini, carrots, celery and hearty pieces of tri-tip. My lunch was their island burger, a thick (really thick!) hamburger topped with a slice of ham, cheese, a pineapple ring and teriyaki sauce. This was a tasty burger! The patty was juicy, cooked perfectly medium, the ham was flavorful, not too salty, and the sauce was not overpowering. I would have loved a larger slice of grilled pineapple, but that is my only complaint. It took all I had to keep that nice, drippy burger from getting all over my clothes.

This was a keeper. My co-workers also seemed quite happy with their selections, some with breakfast foods like fluffy pancakes and a really lovely looking egg, spinach and cheese wrap, mounds of hash browns, and crispy bacon. One had a really nice tuna melt with toasted bread and pepper jack cheese. Everything looked great.

No comments: