Friday, November 7, 2008

Ashland 2008

I just got back from Ashland Oregon, and had the priviledge of seeing A Midsummer Night's Dream on closing night. The show was very imaginative and beautiful, and the fairies were essentially portrayed as gay disco dancers which I thought was really cool.

The weather was what I always expect when I go to Ashland--chilly and rainy. I always feel cheated when I go in the Summer and it is hot in Ashland. It just doesn't seem right!

We had salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks and enjoyed a chilly but relaxing political discussion on the porch. The hot cocoa is soooo good. I just love this drink. However, our political talk encouraged another pair to begin a discussion that was, well, racist at best and downright infuriating.

We again ate at the Standing Stone Brewery, and enjoyed some hearty salads with grilled chicken and some honey cream ale, which was quite tasty. I just really enjoy the atmosphere.

We stayed at a really dumpy Econolodge, really run down, not terribly clean, etc. They did have a free breakfast with a waffle bar, but as I am insulin resistant, I cannot eat such sugary foods. It was nice to have a steaming cup of coffee as we had to leave pretty early.

I look forward to next season and enjoying a new set of plays and more great food in this cute little town.

No comments: