Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pickle it up!

I just had lunch at Mr. Pickle's Sandwich Shop. I am a huge fan--really tasty sandwiches. Their menu is great. I had the Golden Gate today, a warm chicken sandwich with jack cheese, teriyaki sauce, jack cheese and veggies. So yummy! It is drippy, so you have to assume the hunch position to eat it or wear it home with you.

There are lots of interesting options--I might try the Got Beef next time (roast beef, pastrami, and melted jack cheese) or the Hot "T" (hot turkey, melted pepper jack, baja and cranberry sauces). There are many sandwiches that center around avocados, but alas, I will not be able to experience them (deathly allergic to avos). They also offer warm fresh chocolate chip cookies, a wide variety of chips and all sorts of drinks.

My niece likes their mascot, a 6 foot tall pickle in a chef's hat. The place, which opened a few months ago next to the new Starbucks on Adobe Rd. is usually packed, though on a weekday around 1:30 or later it seems to quiet down. The first time I went, on a Saturday around lunch time it was a zoo--but everyone always greets you as you walk in, no matter how busy they are.

No comments: