Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ever gone back and read your diaries?

I did, and it was a weird and enlightening experience. To see who I was so long ago...for instance, I just read the diary I was working on when I got my current job, 6 years ago. It is funny, when I saw the job announcement, I wasn't too excited about the job, then I interviewed and was certain that I didn't get the job, and secretly hoped that I wouldn't because I didn't think I was completely qualified. I read about, and re-lived the day that they told me I got the position, and showed me my office--that was the part I emphasized, not the people I met, but that I had an OFFICE (a word that was underlined about 6 times). I can't believe how childish I sound, when I thought I was so mature back then (I was 24 at the time).

I even read some of the stuff I wrote in high school and college. I was so full of angst. How very 90's of me...

No comments: