Monday, January 7, 2008

Knitting

I have been knitting like mad with the Knifty Knitter tools. I have made 3 scarfs, 3 hats, and a couple of bags now. I am getting a bit more adventurous with the devices and have made some really quality stuff. I am thrilled with the Knifty Knitters!

I found a way to create your own durable and reusable plastic grocery bags by knitting the ones that you get at the store. This blog has steps for making plastic bag yarn: http://hellejorgensen.typepad.com/gooseflesh/2007/02/plastic_bag_yar.html while others still have instructions for using heat to fuse bags into a durable fabric.

Plastic bags are such a wasted item in our culture, and I am pleased to see so many people joining the movement to reuse the ones that are already out there as well as use more sustainable alternatives so that we will not be adding more to the world. I am excited to experiment with such alternatives.

No comments: